Sunday, February 1, 2009

Unlucky in love.

*pours a glass of wine*

*pitiful sigh*

Good evening. Let's chat about my love life. Shall we?

I can't seem to get it right. EVER. Last night started out fantastic, and then turned into one of the worst nights i've had in a while. The culprit? The love interest. 

And I can honestly say, with every ounce of my mind, that this "altercation" was not by any fault of my own. I can admit when I make mistakes, and believe me, I do it all the time. But this time, I had no part in it. 

(And this scene has played itself out. This isn't the first of such evenings, and it certainly won't be the last, unless I throw myself out of the game.)

Sometimes I feel like I'm trying to mold the love interest into what I want and need. Rather unsuccessfully, might I add. I try and try, and love interest tries and tries, but it just doesn't seem to be working. 

I don't know. Maybe I'm the issue. Not the cause of the altercation, but the bigger, more foundational issue. The one who decides to throw my heart into something that isn't there, and then gets upset when it slaps me in the face. Maybe I need the wake-up call. Not him. And maybe that's exactly what I got.

Perhaps I'll just be single for a while. 

*slinks off into a corner to pout alone*

Retrospectfully Yours,
DG

1 comment:

jmh said...

no pouting, d! maybe we are overdue for some more wine (in my case, sparkling cider) on your balcony and talk things over? keep smiling, darlin. thing will get better. they always do...

-jm